Blog Header 2

Image Map

Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 New Year Linky Party!

http://imbloghoppin.blogspot.com/

Day 4: Professional - I finished my Masters last year and that was tough to get through it.  My professional goal this year is to get this blog under control and organize my classroom files.  Plus, we may make a move this year and I dread packing up my classroom more than my house.  I have to start organizing and clearing out now or I'll never make it!  So I guess this fits under Day 5 as well.  What was my "1 word" . . . positive be positive.     

Day 3:  Fitness - I was unable to exercise for a year after  we were rear ended  on the freeway which caused us to hit the car in front of us.  I had a dashboard injury (both knees were shoved in the dashboard).  So I had to take it easy for my knee's sake.   So try explaining to an insurance agent that you'd rather crawl and teach rather than do lesson plans and just because you go to work doesn't mean you weren't injured.
   
Goal 1:  Walk/run (more like walk) 4-5 times a week at 5:30 in the morning.  I get up at that time but instead of exercising I usually sit and make something on the computer that I just have to make for an activity that day/week.

Goal 2: Make & eat more clean foods.

I am in NO WAY giving up my coffee in the mornings.  It doesn't wake me up but rather calms me so I can stay more focused.  

I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!  I missed Day 1 of this linky party held by Blog Hoppin but it's better late than never, Right? I love this linky because it's a reminder we do have a life outside of teaching and prepping.

Day 2:  Crafting and Creating (hopefully I won't scare you away with the stuff I make). 
 I am self-taught at everything and love reading how-to books then I have at it. Sewing, sculpting, felting, nuno-felting, pattern making, spun cotton, upcycling, soldered art, and on and on. Here is a sample of things I like to make when not teaching.  Oh how it takes me into a world of peace when I get to work on these things.  I have a ton of unfinished projects like these.  I need to finish and quit starting new things until I finish what I already started.  Boy, it will be hard.

It's called primitive folk-art *the owls, pumpkins, snowman*

This post reminds me of all things unfinished - UUUGGHHHHH! Add finish things to my New Years Resolution for 2014.
Seat Pouch Tutorial:  Write the tutorial for this plus finish the 5 remaining ones so I have a complete class set.  I am seeing a pattern here.  Unfinished things - this will be the year I finish things.   I posted it over a year and many people want the tutorial.  This is #1 on my list. 


Day 1: Family and Fun

 This year I want to spend more time with my kids do quality things and not so much time working. My time is limited with my older 2 children since they are 18 & 21.  I want to be sure to spend as much time with them as possible before they leave to start a life of their own. Then I have my 11 year old and sometimes I feel guilty because I spend more time helping my kids in my class than my own son. 
Every year we take a road trip and it is so much fun! Last summer we ventured up to the Colorado Rockies.  Beautiful.  We also spend a ton of time together and baseball functions which monopolizes our family time. 



Linkin up with sunnydaysinsecondgrade for "My Truth Monday" "My 1 Word" . . . 


My mom is the most positive person I have ever known.  She doesn't have a negative thing to say about or toward anyone. She's great.  As a daily dose and reminder, your thoughts become your words, your words become your actions, your actions become your character . . . be positive.  











2 comments :

  1. I absolutely love your seat pockets! And your folk art is amazing!!

    Thank you so much for sharing and linking up with Blog Hoppin!

    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I was so happy to see your post with all the quilting! Great linky party on your part. Warm regards and best wishes! Tonya

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...