Blog Header 2

Image Map

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mrs. Jump's Summer Linky 10 Things for Summer!

\
I am linking up with Mrs. Jump's linky to share 10 things I WANT TO DO THIS SUMMER.   If you want to link up just click on the picture above and it will take you to her blog.

I can't believe summer is already here - That was the FASTEST year ever! I really enjoyed my kids this year.  They were super sweet and very funny.  I have so much I want to do this summer but so much I HAVE to do.  This is a year of transition for me (I think/hope).  So I am going to give a mix of have to's and want to's.  So here is my first one:

#1 We are suppose to be moving this summer to another county.  Here is our destination. So, #1 . . . .I want to move.   


# 2  I want to/have to sell our house - it is about ready to fall out of escrow but we have back-up buyers (I hope).  Someone is coming this morning and I am supposed to by cleaning instead of typing. DONE!



#3  DONE.  I have to secure a job.  I won't be resigning until I find one of course.  I have been looking in San Diego County since we put our house up for sale and do you know there are pretty much NO jobs available and come to find out the ones that are have so many applicants.  Needless to say, I have never had to write a cover letter or resume for any had jobs so far (learning curve for sure).   I think this is going to be harder than I originally though. YIKES! Sell house - NO JOB . . . SCARY!  Update: I was offered a job in VISTA California at a quaint little school tucked in the mountain.  It is beautiful where it is located.  It is a KINDER position and I am scared to death! I have taught 1st grade for 8 YEARS. I love 1st grade


#4  I want to attend the TPT conference in July therefore I need to go sign up right now.  I am so lucky to have family there and I have already booked a 4 night stay at our timeshare.   I am a little nervous though.  Now I know how the students feel when they are NEW and don't know anyone. 
#5  I want to visit my family when I am in Vegas.  I miss them and as close as they are - I rarely see them.  They are busy too.

#6  I want to spend time with my youngest son going into 6th grade.  He needs some intervention in math so I have been scouring TPT for the stuff he needs.  He is a total visual kid and I saw 1st hand what happens when you don't give those kids manipulative (even in the upper grades).  Bless his little heart.  This kid has hung with me the last 5 years (going to school early & staying late but he he did have after school friends).

#7 I don't want to say HURRY (1) T-I-M-E this summer.
#9 I want to finish organizing my classroom (haven't checked out yet) so if we do move I am ready to go.  Lordy, moving my classroom will be worse than moving my house. 
#10 I want to spend more time with my husband this summer.  He is so patient during the school year. 

What are you doing this summer?  I am off to clean my house and I have 1 hour.  I will not say HURRY.  My list looks like a lot of work.   






4 comments :

  1. Oh, I laughed out loud at the clean the house eCard... so true, so true. I hope you get to make all your moves and they go well. All that and a TPT conference, too! Nice of Deanna to link us up. Kathleen at Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathleen, Yep - can't wait to sell my house so I can stop cleaning. JK. It is always the days I decide to take a break from do anything at all when our doorbell rings. That's when we say, uh . . .can you come back in about 15 minutes. Thank goodness for Summer Linkys. I was going to join the "Monday Made It" Linky but the only thing I made it to was the bathroom. The summer bug has hit! I am going to go hop on over to your blog. Tonya

      Delete
  3. Sorry about the grammatical/spelling errors peoples but really, I can't go back and edit my post? That's what happens when you type at midnight. Goodnight for me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...