Blog Header 2

Image Map

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Jerry Maguire and why I am Stripping my Classroom Walls

I bet you are wondering what Jerry Maguire and teaching have in common.  Inspired and laying it on the line.  I am giving it up (not totally but I am going to give it a shot).  Yep, I am feeling a bit like Jerry Maguire right about now.  Anyone coming with me?  1 hand? 2 hands?  Anyone?  Maybe I am by myself in this but here it goes just hang with me for a minute. . . 
Student Made Classroom Decor
Click on the picture above or below or HERE to read more about why I am stripping my walls.  The download has clickable links to where I found each picture/inspiration.  Later I will add clickable links to the HOW & Why and my Lesson Plans.  This is a working document and more pictures will be added as I go.

Student Made classroom Decor

Last year I was looking into a student made alphabet and calendar when I  stumbled across Sally at http://fairydustteaching.com.   I absolutely loved everything I saw and was instantly inspired.  Unfortunately, at the time, I really didn't know the direction I wanted to go  or how and my room did not include much of anything that was student made in regard to classroom decor.  While following links and getting lost in the great abyss of the internet, I fell in love with certain pictures.  Come to find out every picture I ran across was linked to Reggio Emilia which I new nothing about.  So throughout the year I followed links and absorbed everything I could about it.  So here I am and I am getting ready to transform my room.  I have to say, this past year I was feeling closed in(could have had something to do with the fact I ended up with 27 students in my 1st grade class).  At the close of the year, I started organizing and taking lots and lots of things down (partly because I may get a new job in another school and county).  As the walls came down and things were tossed and organized I felt liberated and invigorated.  It felt good not to have  SO M-U-C-H   S-T-U-F-F.   I don’t know where this journey will take me or how it will end up but I am putting it out there.  Will everything be student made?  Of course not.   I am changing the way I do things and with change we all know it takes time.  Here is a picture of my class at the end of the year and in JUNE.  It may not look overdecorated to you but there is just so much stuff. (It's dark because we were using the document camera). 


If you click on the picture at the top, it will take you to a document with clickable links to the place I found the pictures/inspiration and later I will add the how and why of each picture as well as lesson plans or just click HERE

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...